Romeo -the words filter

Romeo -the words filter
i filter words into fine liquid- filtrate and serve it to those that thirst of words and yearn for a fine liquid.

Sunday 9 December 2012

IN MY NEST by nartey romeo akwetey


Tears in my eyes
My fingers so cold as ice
My heart too much a price
My spirit broken thrice
My life uncertain as dice
All I ever did was to be nice

The wind of love blows my way
Sweetly and painfully my heart it slays
And soon my joy it takes away
Like in the month of may
When the rains leaves no space for the suns rays
U nto hope I cling and to manifestation I pray

My days are filled with miseries
My life based on forged memories
My heart so common as groceries
My book filled with so many love stories
My problem way too much for the fairies
This more than blood running through my arteries

To the distance I cry
To the near I try
Everything seems so dry
My visions draw nigh
My pain last for awhile
My tongue taste the bitterness of bile

Who shall understand my plight
Who shall lead me through this night
The battle too strong to fight
Just when all seemed right
And bright
My joy passes away like the blinds sight

This is not for the strong
Neither a punishment for my wrongs
This is a piece of my song
This is my crown of thongs
This is the sound of my gong
Saying to my troubles so long

No comments:

Post a Comment